mercredi 8 août 2007

Flashdance Flashback: An Exchange on Urban Film


Hey Pittsburg,

For some reason I keep having images if you wearing leggings, dancing in your rusty warehouse space, flying out freely into the fire-escape, exploring abandoned factory spaces to an upbeat 80's soundtrack, and "dancin' like you never did before." Some kind words of advice: don't get too sweaty, avoid shady bars by the waterfront, and watch out for Richard Florida. (Hmm. I may be mixing metaphors here... I am prone to that).

Now that I've exhausted my knowledge of Pittsburgh I wish you best of luck. I was sad to miss your party, and a chance to see you before you leave. I am sure you new adventure will be fruitful. Look forward to seeing you sooner rather than later.

Un Canadien Errant

********

Hey C.E.,

Thanks for the well-researched email. I meant to write you earlier, but things slipped in the midst of my move. However, now I have an appropriate Flashdance story to tell you, which is that I recently brought my bike into the coffee shop that I go to and the theme song was playing on the radio when I entered. I think this is a sign, I mean, Jennifer Beals rides her bike to that song and she lives in Pittsburgh. I'm thinking about auditioning for the ballet or at least finding a wealthy benefactor to support me. I also wouldn't mind getting a mean looking dog.

Hopefully I will see you on one of my trips and please come visit any time. Take care and talk to you soon.

Pittsburg

Aucun commentaire: